Specific Notes for Level 3
These are specific notes for students enrolling in Level III:
It is possible to overload (take up to 3 extra units) if your average from the previous Fall/Winter session is at least 7.0 (70%). Overloading is done at your own risk.
Remember that you have to meet the requirements for non-commerce electives. You cannot substitute commerce electives for non-commerce courses.
If you are interested in the internship program but are not taking 30 units this year, you can still be considered as long as:
- Your cumulative GPA is at least 7.0 (70%) by the end of Summer, Level II.
- You successfully passed Commerce 2IN0 in Level II.
- You are enrolled full-time in Level III (at least 9 units per term).
- You have no fewer than 18 units owing for your degree at the end of Winter, Level III.
- You completed the separate application process for the BCom with Internship Program.
If you do not qualify for the Honours Commerce program this year, there is a second opportunity. By one of the formal review times (in May or August) you must:
- Have completed at least 54 units of coursework.
- Have a GPA of at least 5.0 (63%).
- Have failed no more than 6 units since starting Level II.
If you have any questions, please contact us. We are here to help.
Duplicate Course Registration
Students may not register and hold seats in the same course for both terms if it is a single term course. This prevents your fellow students from getting seats in preferred sections of required and elective courses.
If you do not successfully complete a course, and would like to repeat it, you may take the course again in a subsequent term as per McMaster’s Repeat Policy.