Transfer to First Year from Another McMaster Program
This information is for McMaster students in another program who are interested in transferring to the first year of the Business program (Business I).
Applications for Fall 2024 admission will open in April, 2024. Internal transfer is only permitted for the Fall term.
Current Undergraduate Students
If you are currently registered in another McMaster program, you can apply for an internal transfer in Mosaic during Program Selection in April. You must select “Business Degree Seeking” as one of the programs to which you would like to transfer.
To find the Program Selection Tool in Mosaic, search Student Centre > My Academics > Program/Plan/Subplan Selection.
Current MELD Students
MELD students can also apply for transfer to Business I. To be considered, you must meet the following criteria:
- Your GPA on six (6) units of Linguistics must be a minimum of 6.0 (C+).
- You must have met the Ontario High School admission average of 88% or above.
You must have completed the following High School credits:
- Ontario High School Advanced Functions (MHF4U, or the equivalent).
- Ontario High School Calculus and Vectors (MCV4U, or the equivalent).
The Business I program can only accept a limited number of students each year. Applications will only be assessed if all the requirements for your desired program selection have been completed by the end of the Winter term.
To be considered, you must meet the following criteria.
- You must have completed 24 – 30 units during the Fall and Winter semesters (September to April).
- Your cumulative GPA must be a minimum of 6.0 (C+) which will include all credits completed to date. Attainment of a cumulative GPA of 6.0 (C+) does not guarantee internal transfer.
- If you have completed the equivalent of the Business I program, you must apply for consideration to transfer into second or third year (Honours Commerce).
You must have completed the following courses:
- Ontario High School Advanced Functions (MHF4U, or the equivalent)
- We will accept McMaster’s Math 1K03.
- Ontario High School Calculus and Vectors (MCV4U, or the equivalent)
- We will accept McMaster’s Math 1F03.
We will accept transfers for students who submitted a P/NC Grade Change for any of the above completed courses.
High School math courses can be completed at McMaster or through an online virtual High School:
Any student choosing this option or any coursework completed outside of McMaster on a Letter of Permission (LOP) must submit an official transcript to the Student Experience Office by the end of April via email to email@example.com.
If you do not qualify for a transfer, please consider a Minor in Business. The Academic Advisors for your current program should be able to help you if you decide to pursue this option.
If your transfer to Business I is accepted, you may be eligible for up to 30 units of transfer credit (maximum).